Due to COVID-19 situation, A non-immigrant ED visa is unable to apply from the Thai embassy in your country.
We recommend you to enter Thailand with a TR visa (60 days) or Exemption visa (45  days).
After that you can change / apply for a non-immigrant ED visa at the immigration in Bangkok.

*Special tourist visa cannot change to any kind of visa in Thailand.

To apply for a non immigrant ED visa in Bangkok 
JAN 2021

Immigration rules

  • You will be given an Immigration stamp when you enter Thailand, it allows you to stay for 90 days at first.
  • Student needs to extend a stay permit at immigration every 7, 30 days, 60 days (Depend on the program)
  • Student have to notify your address when you stay in Thailand longer than 90 days at the immigration office (Chaengwattnana Road.).
  • Student cannot extend a stay more than 1 year each visa.

Period of Thai program

  • Beginner program  (6 months)
  • Intermediate program (5 months)
  • Advanced program (6 months)

Note: Student can study & stay in Thailand up to 11 months each year. 

Q & A 


When should I start to send the required document for apply a non immigrant ED visa ?

  • You should plan and send all required documents to the school before arrival to Thailand at least 6 weeks in advance.

What should I do if I am in Bangkok?

  • Submitting the required document to the school.
  • Visa application takes about 3 weeks.

Where can I apply a student visa (Non immigrant ED visa) ?

  • A non immigrant ED visa (Education visa) must be obtained at Thai embassy or Thai consular outside Thailand.
  • Due to Covid 19 situation, TR visa, Exemption visa can be change to non immigrant ED visa at the immigration in Bangkok.
    Note: Please register at least 35 days before the expiration of your staying. (Nov 2020)


  • The best countries to apply an ED visa are Vientiane in Laos and Penang in Malaysia. 
    It takes 2 working days only. Most nationalities can apply ED visa in these countries

For Thai embassy in Vientiane, Laos

  • The applicant must be make an online appointment before submitting your visa application. 
    Book your appointment at

Additional document

1. Financial statement (as much as you have.) 
2. Criminal record certificated
3. Rental agreement / Reservation / 

Note: Please check the information in the website of the Thai embassy directly again.


Some nationalities like Indians, Chinese, Pakistanis, Sri Lanka, Middle Eastern and African
will need to apply from their home country.

 Terms & Conditions:

1. Fees are non-refundable and are not transferable to other term, other student and other package.

2. The student will study Thai language according to the school curriculum which be approved by the Ministry of Education and school.

3. If the student does not want to study, the school cannot support student to get an ED visa.

4. All fees are not refundable except the Ministry of Education deny giving an approval letter.