I am in Bangkok, Thailand.

Follow these steps to apply an ED visa (student visa) for Thailand.

Applicant qualifications
(*Apply for a non immigrant ED visa at the immigration, Bangkok.) 

1. Foreigner who holds the visa type below.

 1.1) TR (Tourist visa), TS (Transit visa), Exemption visa (ผ.30, ผผ.30, ผผ.90)
 1.2) Non-immigrant visa (stayed not longer than 6-8 months.)

2. Student must register at school before the expired date at least 1 month or earlier.

3. Student must apply for a non-immigrant ED visa at the immigration 15 days before the expiration of your Stay Permit. 

STEP 1  -  Send the required document to the school
Due to COVID - 19, 
1. You can send the required document by email to aaathaischool@gmail.com
2. Please contact the school after arrival or get a TR visa or enter Thailand immediately.
Required document.
 1. Application forms (Download)
 2. A copy of Passport 
 3. 12 photos or photo file (.jpeg) 
    Note: Size 2” or 6 x 4 cm., White background. Printing cost 200 B.  
 4. Tuition fee 
 5. *Police check certificated for the Middle East and African people. - Click here
SCHOOL : Your document will be submitted to the Ministry of Education for request the Approval letter.
  • Approval letter from Ministry of Education in Thailand takes about 20 days.
  • Once it’s ready, school will contact you to collect the document. 

STEP 2  -  Apply for a Non-immigrant ED visa
  2.1  Thai embassy / consular (outside Thailand)
  • Please check the required document to apply for a Non-Immigrant category “ED” at Thai embassy directly.
    Ex. Bank statement, Criminal record certificated, Rental agreement and etc. 
  • Normally, the student will receive a single-entry MUST ENTER Thailand within 90 days from the date of issuance.
  2.2  The immigration in Bangkok - Cheangwattana Rd. - Division 1 (Counter C1)

  • Submitted the document 15 days before the expiration of stay permit.

    - Visa document
    - Passport
    - TM 86 or TM 87 Forms 
    - Copy of your passport

*The immigration will make an appointment with you to obtain an ED visa. (*Process takes about 2 weeks to complete.)
*The immigration will make an appointment to meet you at school after submitting the document. (*School will contact you.)


STEP 3  -  Present your passport to school within 3 days. 

  • Please check – the stamp of immigration is Non-ED and you’re allowed to stay for 90 days.
  • Present passport and departure card (TM 6) to the school after get visa from the immigration.

SCHOOL : School must submit the document in order to request the 2nd letter from the Ministry of Education for extension a stay.



Click here

 Nov 2020