I am in Bangkok, Thailand.
Follow these steps to apply an ED visa (student visa) for Thailand.
Applicant qualifications (*Apply for a non immigrant ED visa at the immigration, Bangkok.)
1.1) TR (Tourist visa), TS (Transit visa), Exemption visa (ผ.30, ผผ.30, ผผ.90)
1.2) Non-immigrant visa (stayed not longer than 6-8 months.)
2. Student must register at school before the expired date at least 1 month or earlier.
Note: Size 2” or 6 x 4 cm., White background. Printing cost 200 B.
- Approval letter from Ministry of Education in Thailand takes about 20 days.
- Once it’s ready, school will contact you to collect the document.
- Please check the required document to apply for a Non-Immigrant category “ED” at Thai embassy directly.
Ex. Bank statement, Criminal record certificated, Rental agreement and etc.
- Normally, the student will receive a single-entry MUST ENTER Thailand within 90 days from the date of issuance.
- Submitted the document 15 days before the expiration of stay permit.
- Visa document
- TM 86 or TM 87 Forms
- Copy of your passport
*The immigration will make an appointment with you to obtain an ED visa. (*Process takes about 2 weeks to complete.)
*The immigration will make an appointment to meet you at school after submitting the document. (*School will contact you.)
- Please check – the stamp of immigration is Non-ED and you’re allowed to stay for 90 days.
- Present passport and departure card (TM 6) to the school after get visa from the immigration.